Screening March 4, 2016 @ Regent Theatre
Deadline February 22 2016 – 5:00 PM
Prize Categories: $$TBD
Best Picture: Best Actress: Middle School – Best Picture:
Runner-Up: Best Use of Imagination:
Best Actor: Crowd Favorite*:
* Crowd Favorite to be chosen by crowd vote during intermission — so invite your friends. Invite grandma! Invite anyone you know who believes in your dreams to be a video maker!
- To be eligible for the ATown Teen Video Contest (herein known as ATVC) you must:
- Be a teen between 12 and 19 or student in the 6th to 12th grade
- Reside or attend school in Arlington, Massachusetts
- Have your parent/legal guardian sign the consent and release form if you are under 18 years of age.
- Videos featuring or produced by employees or family members of employees of ATVC sponsors will not be eligible for first prize.
- Videos should be approximately 2 to 10 minutes in length.
- To enter, complete the official entry form and submit your video as described below. There is NO FEE for the first video. Additional videos will be $10 each.
- Email entry form to Cate at firstname.lastname@example.org and if submitting multiple videos, mail or drop off application fee to Data Collaborative:
Data Collaborative, ATVC
366 Massachusetts Avenue #203
Arlington, MA 02474
- Provide a separate official entry consent form – completed and signed – by each person participating in the video (either as producer or actor/actress)
- VIDEOS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY February 22, 2016 by 5 pm according to the guidelines outlined by ATVC.
These guidelines are: Digital HD .mov files are preferred should be sent to or dropped off at:
ATown Teen Video Contest
c/o Arlington Community Media
85 Park Avenue
Arlington MA, 02476
Note: ACMi offices close at 6pm. Submissions are due by 5 pm to allow time to check for playback quality and ensure that entry forms are fully filled out as required.
- Files sent to email@example.com via Dropbox, Yousendit, or other large file transfer will be considered. If you have technology questions please contact Arlington Community Media at 781-777-1115.
ACMI Studio B at 892 Mass Ave (across from Arlington High School) will be open during the school break to assist you with any technical questions. Call 781-777-1115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- USE ROYALTY-FREE OR ORIGINAL MUSIC!
- If your submitted video contains music, video clips, photos, drawings, icons, logos etc., these items must be of your own creation or music available for free download on a site such as www.jamendo.com.
- Cite program used to create original music included in your production (e.g. Garage Band).
- Provide artistic credit for free music from a downloaded source.
- If in doubt about the copyright of any and all items, please do not use them.
- All videos thought to be in violation of copyright and/or infringement will be immediately disqualified.
- All video entries will be judged by individuals designated by ATVC.
- ATVC and or its designated agent reserves any and all rights, to use or broadcast any and all video submissions via media outlets and to distribute any or all video submissions to third parties.
- ATVC and/or its agents’ employees, directors, and officers take no responsibility and assume no liability in the video creation or its content. Be creative, but be respectful. Judges will only consider content that is suitable for general audiences when selecting winners.
- Participants are expected, but not required, to attend the screening event where the winners will be announced:
Friday, March 4, 2016
Doors open 6:30pm; Show at 7 – 9 pm
Tickets: $5 student
$ 25 family maximum